Have a donation you would like to make?
Use our new "Easy Pay" system now with two ways to pay.
One Time Donation:
- COPYRIGHT DISCIPLE CHRISTIAN MC 2009
- PATCHING OVER TO DISCIPLE
At Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club we hear from men in other MC/MM and 1% clubs who want to patch over to us, or patch their whole organization over to us. This doesn't mean it was a bad organization it just means that we all have a different callings and you gotta find the home that's right for you.
Our calling is simple: we are here to disciple men to have a daily word and prayer time and to support the one percent world with prayer. That means to be closer to God, having brothers who help you get there, and having a unique ability to speak into the lives men in the old school motorcycle clubs.
WHAT'S PATCHING OVER?
'Patching over' is an MC culture term for leaving your organization, turning in your colors to them with respect, and joining another organization. Like any true motorcycle club, we do not do patch for patch. Even if you have many years in MC culture, you need to learn the Disciple way. However the process for joining can be significantly shortened.
WHY WOULD I PATCH OVER?
Brothers who have come to us from organizations say they were looking for something different and what their club offered. Here are some things we hear:
1. I want to be in a true international MC motorcycle club. That means I earn my patch, nothing is given to me, I don't just pay for it online. I'm looking for Brotherhood, where I know the men around me are committed to me. I want a Brotherhood that rides side by side, handlebar to handlebar in a big tight pack, moving as a unit, organized, effective and safe because it teaches its men how to ride in MC style.
2. I'm looking for accountability, strong men of God around me who will push me to be a better man, husband and father. I want unified men who are going to teach me to have a daily word and prayer time, and be there for me when I fall, instead of being judgemental and walking away. I want hard core committed motorcycle men of God around me.
3. I have a heart for one percent ministry. I don't want an ice cream social crew where less than half the people show up once a month to ride a few miles. I want to be in 1% clubhouses, getting men saved, snatching then from the jaws of death.
4. I struggle with addiction, whether its alcohol, drugs, food, porn. I'm looking for a group of men who are organized in the fight to keep me clean and sober, and that's what the Disciple 43 Nazarite initiative is, the nationwide, statewide and chapter level group of clean and sober men available to help me.
5. I want a strong large national leadership team that's available to me anytime, I can pick up the phone and call them and get a response. I want to know that they effectively handle the 'politics' on a national level with all the major clubs. I want clearly written bylaws that are consistently enforced across the organization.
6. I want resources. I want club rings, shirts, hoodies, hats, key rings, I want to show my colors and look good doing it. I want to know that anywhere I go, I have a place to stay, & a motorcycle to ride if one is available. I want to know that if need be, national leadership will be on the next flight out to assist me.
7. I hate the word mandatory. It goes God, family, work, club, in that order. I need to earn the votes of the bros in my charter, but if I can't make the National run, so be it. And if I can, I get to sit back and watch packs of Bros from different states rolling in, giving me a hug, slapping me on the back, glad to see me. It's good to have brothers.
8. Dang that patch looks good! I want my colors to look good. I want a patch that was thoughtfully designed. Where everybody across the country wears it the same.
HEY, THAT'S WHAT I WANT!
If that's what you're looking for, you should know that we have successfully patched over men from one percent clubs, from motorcycle ministries, etc. If you would like more information on how to join Disciple, contact our National President by sending him a friend request on Facebook: James Disciple Johnson. You can also email us: email@example.com
God bless, and thanks for reading!
James Disciple Johnson
National President & Founder
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club
GOD IS GREAT 888
- HOW DO I JOIN DISCIPLE?
Are you interested in joining a Global Christian Motorcycle Club, or starting a new Charter? Its rewarding, but it takes time, and you will need patience. Its awesome to ride in a pack with the brothers, but you don't just hang a patch on your back and call your self a club. Its a process, and you need to do it right, there are still plenty of clubs out there that will teach you a violent lesson about how not to do it, and we are not going to go too fast, or get you shot for how you went about it. There is a process to joining Disciple, it will take you months, here are some initial steps!
1. Check out the Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club page on Facebook, and "like" it.
2. Send our president a friend request on facebook to James Disciple Johnson.
3. Start spreading the word about Disciple, you will need more than one guy to start a charter.
4. Stay in regular contact with us so you can begin walking out the process.
Here is the initial stage to joining:
Get in contact with Disciples, read the website, start sharing the website with others, find some other Christian riders who might be interested in joining, go the the facebook page and check out the Disciple store, buy a t shirt and support patch, buy a gray bandana, begin wearing these when you are out and about, for at least one month. That's AT LEAST. And it might take far longer if you aren't very engaged in the club. So please don't call us 30 days after liking our page on facebook and buying a shirt online, wanting to know where your patches are. You get out what you put in.
DON'T go contacting local clubs, don't be telling local clubs you are "starting an MC", "starting a new charter". Say you are supporting Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club. Don't post up pictures of our patches.
Focus on building brotherhood with like minded Christian men.
Add the "GOD IS GREAT" and "888" patches to the front of the cut. Read the bylaws, and make sure you are in agreement with them. Get in contact with local clubs, and let them know what God is doing. Share pictures of our patch with them. At least a month, and of course it's based on your level of participation, so it can be longer.
Add the "PROSPECT" patches to the front and back of your cut. Begin paying dues. Show by your lifestyle that you are spreading the Word!
PROBATIONARY MEMBER - FULL PATCH
All new prospective charters start out on probation for a year.
THREE PIECE PATCH MC
You cannot just sew a three piece patch MC to the back of your cut without showing respect to the old school traditions. Well you can, but i dont want you to get shot. If you want to go to this level, get through the ones above first! At some point you will need recognition in the local biker community so that they know who you are, and you know who they are. It takes time, but its totally worth it!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- DISCIPLE CHRISTIAN MOTORCYCLE CLUB NORTH CAROLINA
Are you looking for a Christian Motorcycle Club in North Carolina? Are you looking for a legit MC, who respects the Old School traditions established by the 1% world, but in a way that is centered on Christ and Biblical brotherhood? Look no further, you have found Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club! We call that mix of Christ and Old School 1%MC tradition the 2% lifestyle.I was told once that a Christian research association did a study and found that only 2% of people who call themselves Christian, actually preach the Word. Well, we do more than preach it. We carry it forward into our lives, the lives of our brothers, and the lives of the bikers God brings into our path. Disciples show Love and Respect to all people, hold each other accountable to Biblical principals, and reach the motorcycle world for Jesus.Disciples also believe that to be in a true MC, you must hang around the brothers, show that you sustain participation in the club over a period of time by being a Prospect, and that you earn your patches from your brothers one at a time as you come to love and respect them.If you ride to live, live for Jesus, and want brothers that think like you, look up the South Carolina Christian Motorcycle Club you can ride with. With members from Asheville to the East Coast of North Carolina, we are the Tarheel 43 Charter!You can also reach our members in the South Carolina Cottontown Charter, California Charter, Texas Charter, and Oklahoma Charter by clicking on the links.Seek and Save that which is lost, Destroy the works of the devil, and Live the Abundant life, Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club!
- DISCIPLE CHRISTIAN MOTORCYCLE CLUB COTTONTOWNAre you looking for a Christian Motorcycle Club in South Carolina? Are you looking for a legit MC, who respects the Old School traditions established by the 1% world, but in a way that is centered on Christ and Biblical brotherhood? Look no further, you have found Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club! We call that mix of Christ and Old School 1%MC tradition the 2% lifestyle.I was told once that a Christian reasearch association did a study and found that only 2% of people who call themselves Christian, actually preach the Word. Well, we do more than preach it. We carry it forward into our lives, the lives of our brothers, and the lives of the bikers God brings into our path. Disciples show Love and Respect to all people, hold each other accountable to Biblical principals, and reach the motorcycle world for Jesus.Disciples also believe that to be in a true MC, you must hang around the brothers, show that you sustain participation in the club over a period of time by being a Prospect, and that you earn your patches from your brothers one at a time as you come to love and respect them.If you ride to live, live for Jesus, and want brothers that think like you, look up the South Carolina Christian Motorcycle Club you can ride with. With members in the cities of Columbia, West Columbia, Leesville, Lexington, Swansea, Pelion and all over the midlands area, we are the Cottontown Charter!You can also reach our members in the Upstate Charter, Memphis Charter, and Oklahoma Charter by clicking on the links.Seek and Save that which is lost, Destroy the works of the devil, and Live the Abundant life, Disicple Christian Motorcycle Club!
- Our Patches and What They MeanOne of the key parts of being a Motorcycle Club is forming an identity, and sharing that identity with others. This is normally done through the use of patches sewn onto the leather vest bikers wear. DISCIPLE CMC has a number of patches that are earned in various ways, here are some of the patches, and some history and reasoning behind them.I was at a gas station in Detroit one time, and the Muslim owner taking my money asked a simple question that he probably asks a thousand times a day. "How are you?" I was feeling good that day so i said "God is Good". The owner got really serious, and in his heavy accent said "No! God is Great". It made me think of the Arabic saying, "Allahu Akbar", God is Great.Its true, God is Great.All the time we say grape soda is great, or playing a video game. Maybe you've toked up and said that was great, i know i have in the past. Or had a shot of scotch and said that was great. But truth is, nothing i have ever felt is as great as the feeling of the Holy Ghost. Thats why all us crazy pentacostals are there in the church during praise and worship with our hands lifted high, worshiping like only the black churches used toIn fact, i propose to you that if your life is not great, its because you dont talk to the one who made you as often as you could. I find that talking to Him, knowing Him, is better than anything.So the first thing i want people to see, when they see me on my motorcycle, with my patch, is God is Great. Thats why we wear it on the right chest of our colors, so its the first thing you are liable to read when you meet us.DISCIPLE CMC is cool and all, but GOD IS GREAT!One patch you see a lot out there in the biker world is a little embroidered black one that says: DILLIGAF. We used to have a lot of fun with the non-bikers, betting them they couldnt figure out what it means. In fact, my favorite thing was to walk up to a biker i didnt know, and say "No you dont!" as a greeting. They would rarely know what i was talking about (a favorite thing of mine), and i would point at their DILLIGAF patch. It means Do I Look Like I Give A ****.As a Christian, there are a number of things that i stand for. Doing my best to ignore the world around me, or "ignorance" is no longer what i stand for. I do in fact now give a ****. I care about my life, and that of others. I want to see myself come closer to being a DISCIPLE, a follower of Jesus, and i want to see others do the same.Instead of having DILLIGAF, i want to have DILIGENCE. DILIGENCE in my study of Christ, DILIGENCE in my relationship with my wife, DILIGENCE in my struggle with fatherhood, DILIGENCE in living a life that's worth looking at.In order to wear the DILIGENCE rag in DISCIPLE CMC, you have to demonstrate DILIGENCE in your Christian walk. You dont have to be perfect, we just need to see you try, over a period of time, to walk in away from sin, hatred, vicious or dirty speech, and the things of the world.One tenet of DISCIPLE CMC is that we believe that Jesus Christ was a real human, who walked the earth and did miracles, as told in the true historical document, The Bible. We also believe that Jesus Christ is God in the Flesh.For the public profession of faith in Christ, as found the Apostles Creed (see below), you earn the 888 patch, which is sewn on the left chest of your vest, or colors888 has long been known as the symbol of the name Jesus, because when you add up the numerical value of the Greek letters of Jesus name, you get 888. A post from a web page explaining this has been copied here:One of the interesting features of Hebrew and Greek is that in both written languages there are no numeric characters. Where we have numbers and letters, they have only letters. So, in each language, the letters are also used as numbers. In a small way we do the same thing in English. For example is "O" a zero or a letter of in the alphabet. Is "l" a one or a small L? When they are used, the context tells us which is which and we have no problem understanding it. The same goes for Hebrew and Greek. They knew when they were writing numbers and when they were writing letters.But the interesting thing is that when a word is written, it also has a numeric equivalent. For example, the word "Jesus" in Greek is "iasous." Since each letter has a numeric equivalent, we can add up each number and get a value. The value is the gammatria. Therefore, the gammatria of "Jesus" in Greek is 888 because i = 10 a = 8 s = 200 o = 70 u = 400 s = 200.The Apostles Creed reads:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
He descended into hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost;
the holy universal church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.
Finally, my favorite patch of all, the Name of the Lord, as a side rocker.In Deut 28:10 it says "Then all the peoples of the earth will see that the Name of the Lord is on you, andthey will respect you."
The truth is that no one will respect me as a Christian Biker if i don't live it when I am around them. So regardless of where i am, i need to act Holy. And if I do, the Bible says others will respect me. Thats what i want.
To wear this rocker on your rag, you have to abide by the bylaws of the club. Daily Word and Prayer time, living Holy, no drunkenness, no drug use, being ready to minister the Word and pray with others whenever needed. Trust me, if you see this patch on a DISCIPLE, I guarantee you that is a Man of God.
- What is Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club?DISCIPLE Christian Motorcycle Club is a Christian motorcycle club and a non-profit organization. Any male who rides a road legal motorcycle, professes faith in Jesus Christ, and publicly reads the Apostles Creed may be voted on to become a prospective member.The Mission Statement is: To Disciple Men to have a daily Word and prayer time, and to support the 1% world in prayer.The Statement of Faith for DISCIPLE is found in the Apostles Creed. We do not hold to any denomination, and accept all Men of Faith who adhere to the Apostles Creed, whether Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic, etc.DID YOU SAY CHRISTIAN MOTORCYCLE CLUB? DISCIPLE CMC